Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Extract
What is it?
Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein is a water-soluble, cosmetic grade vegetable protein extract made from the large seeds of the Adansonia Digitata fruit from the Baobab tree.
Baobab – the iconic tree of Africa
Other common names: tree of life, upside-down tree, lemonade tree, monkey-bread tree
- Baobab is the largest succulent plant in the world
- Most renowned for affording protection (from sun and heat) and water
- Drinking water is tapped from Baobab’s trunk and roots:
- Hollow trunk and branches capture and store up to 5 tons of rainwater during wet season
- The centre root drills deep enough to reach water under the desert and brings it to the surfaces exposed roots
- The tree thrives into old age and often lives more than 2,000 years
Baobab seeds are carried to a new homestead to bring it good fortune.
What are the benefits?
- Anti-aging for hair
- Helps damage recovery. Helps repair damage from relaxing, bleaching and colouring
- Increases hair strength and elasticity
- Protects from environmental stress i.e. heat, uv
- Nourishes hair from root to ends enriching the hair with amino acids to rejuvenate fibres
- Delivers conditioning effects
- Botanical alternative to dimethicone
- Delivers frizz control under humid conditions
- Leaves hair softer, stronger, smoother and more manageable